Saturday, October 1, 2011

Can red wine cause heart palpitations?

I find that after I drink red wine the next day I get kind of like heart palpitations, yet if I drink wine later in the day it goes away. Any thoughts? Oh and I am seeing my doctor on Teusday.|||Some red wines are artificially aged and preserved with sulphites. Some people have a real sensitivity to the sulphites and reactions can range from migraine like headaches, fast heart beats, sweating and throat tightness to dizziness.





Ask for sulphite free red wine to see if there is a difference.|||Yes. My brother in law ended up in the hospital for 3 days with a heart arrhythmia after overdoing it on red wine. Now he pretty much just drinks beer and when he has wine it's only a couple glasses when he has dinner.





Of course, I think he was predisposed to the condition, but the wine (really any alcohol, probably) definite contributed to the problem.|||I have heard that a glass of red wine a day is good or your heart. Hhhmmm. Be honest with your DR about how much you are drinking.|||i heard red wine was good for the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment