Saturday, October 1, 2011

How long after you open a bottle of red wine should you consume it?

I have an opened bottle of red wine that has been sitting at room temperature opened for a few months. Is it ok to drink?|||I work at a winery, and if it's a dry red on the third or fourth day after being opened there is a distinctive fuzzy feeling and vinegar tast from the acetic fermentation. If it is a sweet wine, it usually lasts over twice as long. But a few months...that's remarkable... I can't imagine it's anything but nice vinegar. However, if by some miracle it still tastes good to you, go for it, of course!





Cheers!|||i agree with john but do not leave open no more than 1 or 2 months at the most.|||NO! red wine should be drunk within 2 to 3 days...it tastes aweful after the 3rd day.|||6 MONTHS|||I guess ur not like me......I would have thrown away the twist cap..(cork...whats that?)and been done with it the first nite lol....seriously though...try not to let any wine sit very long after it has been opened,I also recomend keeping it very cool after its open,but some will disagree|||it probably wont taste nearly as good as it should|||If it was not corked and sitting you could use it for salad, because it's probably vinegar now.|||in one month|||I think whites tend to stay better longer. If i open a bottle of red i cant put the cork back in and drink the next day. It doesnt taste the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment